Kyle R . Burton on Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:20:18 +0100

[PLUG] OT: Perl Programmer Job Opening

We're located in Conshohocken, which is about 30min west of Philladelphia.

The job description we posted in the newspaper read:

"Programmer needed for data manipulation projects.  Primary skill is the
 ability to quickly develop ad-hoc Perl scripts and SQL queries to achieve
 targeted goals.  Experience should include working with data in a broad
 range of formats and databases on Linux/Unix.  Experience parsing text
 documents, writing data recognition code, or with statistics a big advantage."

Tasks performed will include:

- cleaning/scrubbing of data files using existing libraries and
  possibly developing new library code
- application of probabalistic record linking techniques using existing
  libraries and possibly developing new library code

We typicly use MySQL [Linux], Oracle [Linux/NT], some SQL Server and
some MS Access.  Most of our developers split their time 80/20 between
Linux and Windows.  Much of the work has been and will be using Perl (we
like OO and you should too).

We're looking to fill this as a full time permanent position.

Interested parties can email or fax their resumes to David Brosso.

  Email:  dbrosso@hmsonline.com
  Phone:  610.940.4002
  Fax:    610.940.4003

Thanks,