Bill Jonas on Fri, 8 Feb 2002 23:00:20 +0100

Re: [PLUG] WAYYYY Off topic

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 06:10:55AM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> Even though ghostscript and ps2pdf can be used to mimic the features
> of the PDFWriter, I wish someone could write something to mimic all of
> the extra features of the Distiller and the editor.)

It more than likely doesn't have all the features of the Adobe software,
but I've used htmldoc (<http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/> or 'apt-get
install htmldoc') for converting a single page of HTML to PDF.

More to the point of the original question, you can download multiple
formats from linuxdoc.org.  <http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html#howto>
lists plain text, HTML (multiple pages), HTML (single page), PDF,
PostScript, LinuxDoc SGML, and DocBook SGML.  All except the two SGML
formats look to be available for either single documents or as a gzip'd
tarball containing *all* the HOWTOs.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html