pinkee on Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:02:57 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Full Partion

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:06:16AM -0500, Chuck Peters wrote:

> There is a utility to resize partitions (I think its ext2 only).
> Partition Magic uses the same utility for Linux.  I haven't tried it
> myself, but looked into it some time back when I was contemplating making
> our laptop a dual boot Debian and Redhat.
>
> Whatever you do, the standard warning is warranted.  Backup your data
> before attempting changing partitions around.

I have used Partition Magic many times in my earliest attempts at linux.
Unfortunately, I no longer have it, but I had no problems with it that
weren't directly related to user stupidity/cockiness.  That being said,
On my next repartition attempt I am not going to be using it and
reiterate that backing up data you can't afford to loose is essential.

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com