Paul on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:16:32 -0500

[PLUG] Fwd: CG: Windows XP warning

"Friends don't let friends use Windows ..."

Uh, I have to say something good here.  Windows made low-cost, generic hardware profitable for manufacturers.  This is the hardware that many run Linux
on.  The alternative was more expensive, proprietary hardware made by Apple, Sun, etc., which is designed to run particular OSes.

What is important to me is that the hardware market, and the availability of both Windows and Linux, gives me the freedom to choose.