Michael F. Robbins on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:02:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] why multiple IPs?

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 23:35, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I came across this site when searching for "Apache virtual web server" -
> some info on virtual hosting of web pages - I.E.  one IP address. Anyone
> doing this? Having any problems?

Read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/

Yes, I am hosting multiple domains from one IP, and it works fine.  Of
course browsers that are not HTTP 1.1 compliant will not send a Host
header, so the name based virtual hosts won't work for these older
browsers.

Michael F. Robbins
mike@gamerack.com