Gerald D. Neale on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:32:26 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: Help Burning CD's

You probably do not have to do scsi-emulation on your
ide as another person suggested you do. Most current
distributions will do this for you automatically on
install. You can check /etc/lilo.conf for a linelike
this
        append="hdc=ide-scsi"
That means, pretend hdc is a scsi not an ide. I forget
the exact reason this is neccessary, something like
using an ide drive implies the presence of a master
boot record, and of course cd media has none...so scsi
emulation is neccessary. Point is, if you have this
line in /etc/lilo.conf all you got to do to burn is
download xcdroast and play around with it.

Your next challenge is going to be converting mp3s to
iso.

--- jbeck@jbwd.net wrote:
> I think it is an ide drive, not SCSI.  Is
> configuring it difficult?
>
> David Hull writes:
>
> > Depending on whether your CDR is IDE or SCSI you
> may have to do some
> > tweaking.  This program only supports SCSI, so you
> may have to trick
> > your computer into thinking that your CDR is a
> SCSI device.  It will
> > give you an error when you try to run it if this
> is the case.  Then just
> > follow the instructions in one of the text files
> that comes with it (I
> > think the error message even tells you which one
> to look at).
> >
> > -D
> >

> >>jbeck@jbwd.net jbeck@jbwd.net
> >>Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:54:18 GMT

> ] [ author ]

> >>I should be able to download and install that.  Is
> there anything else
> > that
> >>I need to do to configure the drive to be
> writeable?

=====
The Cherry Hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Friday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org