Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:43:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft World Domination Program

At 10:37 AM 2/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

> Can't help with the firewall, but to change the IE logo, open the registry
> and search for the text of their logo.  You can change it to
> anything.  Ironically, I discovered this while installing IE 5 from the MS
> website. A disgruntled MS employee had change the download so that the IE
> logo was replaced with one reading "Microsoft World Domination
> Program".  MS would not acknowledge that it happened, but someone on
> another list showed me how to change it back.  Of course I never will.

LOL!

Cool, I just changed the title bar on mine, as you said.  Now how about
the logo - the little picture near the upper right corner?  I didn't find
a registry entry for that.

Wayne

I know you can do it. I'll bet it's in the registry. I haven't found it.

Another idea: it's an animated gif or avi with an innocuous name and you can substitute one of the same pixel size as long as you give it the same name and put it in the same place. Because the Windows splash logo has a .sys extension even though it is a .bmp, the IE working animated logo probably has a disguised extension, too. Let me know if you find it.

Art

Art Alexion                                 mailto:arthur@alexion.com
Arthur S. Alexion LLC                          http://www.alexion.com
                            ---<>---