Jon Galt on Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:50:43 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Apache hostname problem

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> What happens if you ping that hostname?  I'd guess you just need a way
> to resolve the hostname.  Easiest way is to add it to /etc/hosts, with
> it's local IP address (for the time being) until you go for the static
> IP.  If you do NAT/firewalling, you may just leave it this way after you
> get your static IP.  If you resolve the nslookup/DNS resolution and have
> an always-on internet connection, then you can remove the name entry
> from the hosts file.

Thank you!  Apparently the answer is "yes (sort of) - it needs to resolve
aiur.bonsaisoftware.com".  When I tried to ping that, the host was
unknown, but when I put it in /etc/hosts, the ping worked.  And httpd
successfully starts and uses the correct domain name.

Wayne