David Hull on Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:10:20 +0100

[PLUG] name resolution

This does not appear to be the problem.  I have samba configured and
working properly.  My /etc/hosts file is set up the same way for
linux_box_2 as it is for linux_box_1, except of course the names and IP
addresses are different.  I assume the dns server is the router, as it
is what assigns all the private IP addresses on our subnet.  The router
recognizes the netbios name of linux_box_2, but the rest of the machines
on the network do not.