Jon Galt on Sun, 17 Feb 2002 02:40:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] MS Outlaws? (was Fwd: CG: Windows XP warning)

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:03:24PM -0500, Jon Galt wrote:
> > Well you make a good argument that MS did not contribute to cheap hardware
> > - of course I was leaning that way anyhow.  But what is this about
> > Microsoft "breaking the law"?
>
> Your disagreement with anti-trust laws doesn't make them go away.

Granted.

To be honest, I pay little attention to governmental attacks on private
companies - as well as government giving private companies advantages over
their competitors.  I'm sure Micro$oft has been on the receiving end of
both of these things.

I was under the impression that MS legal troubles, convictions, or
whatever had been overturned.  Judicial orders rescinded, or whatever.
Can someone point me to a quick rundown of the events?

Thanks,
Wayne