Mike Leone on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:21:59 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Mandrake 8.1?

> How many folks are using Mandrake 8.1? How do you like it? In an attempt to

I use it. Mostly, I like it. It has good out-of-the-box support for a number of peripherals I use (USB printer/scanner). They keep relatively up-to-date for hardware. I like the CUPS printing system they use.

And if you use KDE, it is quite easy for Windows users to move over.

> (not sure why - harddrake sees it but I can't mount it). It seems that it has
> to do with using the devfs.

You can turn off devfs - which is problematic for a number of people - by putting "devfs=nomount" option in LILO..