Mike Leone on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:00:17 +0100

[PLUG] Fw: Antivirus for Linux

Hey all. I'm trying to get antivirus scanning of my postfix mail server, and need an antivirus scanner. Is it true that TrendMicro's InterScan is free for personal Linux use? The web page doesn't say that, but it was mentioned on a mailing list I'm on.

If not Trend, then who would be a good one? Most of the ones I've looked at are either commercial, or are time-demos for Linux, or don't do removals, just scans. I can do commercial, if it's a good one, and not too expensive. Altho, as always, free is good. :-) (especially since it's for personal use only)

Anyone doing this?

(I'm going to be using Amavis to call out the scanner; supposedly, it integrates well with postfix. However, Amavis won't install without an AV scanner. And it doesn't seem to recognize F-Prot's Linux version, nor does it like my Kaspersky AVPDaemon install I did - even tho that one is a supported scanner).

--
O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;