Beldon Dominello on Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:30:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Recommend a Laptop

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Paul wrote:

> I didn't think a Compaq would be that great.  I did notice
> at emperorlinux.com that they use Dell, IBM, and Sony.  I
> would tend to favor one that has a touch pad instead of the
> little eraser-head mouse thing.

My friend Tim recently purchased a 900MHz PIII Compaq laptop and has fewer
driver problems with Linux (RH or SuSE) than with WinXP or 98!  Never can
tell, unless you try.  Or don't buy without an acceptable return policy.

	-Beldon

--
DISCLAIMER - This text was written on the road and may contain errors of fact,
tact, and decency due to the cumulative effects of cabin fever, emotional