epike on Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:39:17 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux/UNIX OS choice

> Between distros, the deeper you go, the more different it is, which
> to me should be the opposite.  For example, networking in debian is under
> /etc/network, while in rh, it's under /etc/sysconfig/network. Also, in
> the passwd package, adduser source is slightly different in rh. rh added
> a cli feature to make a home dir not found in other distros.

Is debian using /etc/inetd.conf (for tcp wrappers) or is it only
RedHat who uses an /etc/xinetd.d/ directory?  I was confused by that
change when it was introduced in rh 7.0.

Been thinking of switching to debian but never got around to it (yet).

JondZ