Paul on Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:10:29 -0500

[PLUG] PB Debate

> Lying?  Just for the record, an ex-girlfriend (straight, now
> married) was given a subscription to PB by a previous
> ex-boyfriend (long out of the picture).  She said that she
> enjoyed the gift and was planning on renewing the subscription
> for the fiction section alone.

NOTE: This is the last response I will give on this topic.  I had to make the change in
the subject line since this has nothing to do with terminal services.  There is a small
connection to Linux due to my comparison of Linux Journal to PB.  Well, it's important to
have balance in one's life so I will respond to the previous post.

My wife got the free PB subscription for me.  She said I needed to have a secret stash
that my son could one day discover.  I guess it's some kind of tradition.

Does the woman mentioned above share the magazines with her husband?  Does she get angry
if he looks at the pictures too long?  Does she think the HE is reading (heh-heh) the
articles?

I've noticed how some women will look at other women.  Sometimes they pay more attention
to each other than to guys.  I guess it's similar, in a way, to the way two guys will
check out each others motorcycles or Linux boxes.  Still, PB a strange gift for a women.
I wouldn't buy LJ with pictures of naked guys in it when there are other sources of Linux
articles.  In the same way, there are sources of fiction other than PB.  What is she
really thinking?  We will never know.

For most straight males I think it would break down like this: Gawk at PB, read LJ.