epike on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:04:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux boot and Promise Fastrak100 Raid

My experience with these controllers are

promise ultra66 - Can't get BIOS to boot on the controller.
   Was a long time ago but I do remember trying; ended up
   having a primary hard disk on the motherboard's onboard
   ide ports to get RH started and other disks on the
   promise controller (RH6.2).

promise ultra100 tx2 - my BIOS boots fine on the promise card.
   I did not have to specify I/O ports to the kernel (kernel
   detected it) (RH7.2).

so anyway my point is that it could be a bios startup issue...

JondZ