eric@lucii.org on Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:15:01 -0500

Re: [PLUG] KDE Konqueror problem

Ian:

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I found that if I right click in the
window I'm viewing there is an option to allow me to view the menubar!
One click and I'm back in business.

I am running 2.2.1 but it appears that I'm out of the woods for now.

Thanks again!
Looking forward to 3.0!

Eric

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 11:58:34AM -0500, ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> What was the URL that you went to, that should not happen.
>
> We are releasing our 3.0 RC on monday so I may be able to sneak this fix in.
>
> Also what version of KDE are you running, you may have a borked session file
> laying arround if you are in KDE 2.2.1.
>
> Thanks
> 	-ian reinhart geiser
>
> On Friday 01 March 2002 11:51 am, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> > My KDE Konqueror web-browser/file manager program appears to be
> > broken.  It will run but there is no menu bar and no bookmarks
> > toolbar.
> >
> > This started last night.  I believe that it happened to one copy
> > (I was running about 8 or 10 copies of konqueror) when I accidently
> > entered a url that was in reality a SOAP service (probably just got
> > raw XML back).  After that, there was no menu bar in any of the
> > konqueror browsers that I started.  The old ones maintained their
> > menu.  I looked at various settings, searched the relevant sites
> > (www.konqueror.org www.kde.org) and found nothing to help me out
> > of this mess.  I then killed all the konquerors, moved the directory
> > ~/.kde2/share/apps/konqueror to another location in the event that
> > there was some corruption there.  It re-created the directory
> > (which I expected) when it restarted but now there was no shortcuts
> > either!  Without the toolbar, I cannot add any either!
> > I logged out and logged back in.  No change.
> > I rebooted.  No change.
> >
> > I went to google.  No help there either.
> >
> > This really has me perplexed.  If it were windows the correct
> > answer would be "reinstall" but I don't want to do that!
> >
> > Anybody have any tips or suggestions?  I'd really like to get back
> > to work but this is bugging me.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Eric
>
> --
> :-- Ian Reinhart Geiser --:
> GPG Key: D6A6 7E16 13A9 B5A7 9E18 D1A7 3F2E B64D 19BC 76F8

#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
#              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.