Paul on Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:26:10 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Computer Problems

What are acceptable temperature ranges for CPU's?

A BIOS update is usually done with a floppy disk.  A utility is used to flash
the new code into the BIOS chip.  The updates, along with instructions,
should be available at the mo'bo's manufacturer's Web site.

Is the power supply fan working well?

If you suspect the hard drive, try a different drive.  You could also try
moving the drive to a different controller; either an add-on controller or the
secondary interface on the mo'bo' (assuming IDE).