Kuzman Ganchev on Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:00:16 +0100

[PLUG] newbie dsl

Hi Guys,

I've sort of become responsible by default) for the network at the office of my
study abroad program (in Paris), and they recently got an e-mail
saying that the access number has changed.

The connection is via adsl, using pppoe (roaring penguin), and I can't
seem to find anywhere where the phone number is specified. What
mistifies me even more is that the linuxdoc dsl-howto says that "no
dialing actually takes place", which seems consistent with not finding
the number.

Does anyone have experience doing this?

Thanks a million,

Kuzman