Jon Galt on Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:21:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] serving webpages from home

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> While you're waiting for the DNS update to propagate, you can test with the
> IP.  If you're depending on name based virtual host stuff, you can at least
> verify that you can connect to port 80 from the outside world.
>
> You still haven't mentioned what ISP your connecting with... people here
> have experience with what ISPs allow this sort of thing.  I know many ISPs
> do not allow servers to be run over their residential DSL lines.  The only
> exception I am personally certain of is DCA.net.

My ISP is Earthlink, and each person I have asked there says it is ok.  My
DNS entry has been fixed, and I can access mulliganvalley.org from outside
my LAN.  There's nothing there except a simple test file.

If anybody has any security tips, I'm all ears.

Does anybody here have any experience with Enhydra?

Thanks,
Wayne