Darxus on Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:49:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] serving webpages from home

On 03/04, Jon Galt wrote:
> I could have sworn I had the IP correct, but I simply screwed up.  Now I
> just have to wait for the correct value to be propagated.

While you're waiting for the DNS update to propagate, you can test with the
IP.  If you're depending on name based virtual host stuff, you can at least
verify that you can connect to port 80 from the outside world.

You still haven't mentioned what ISP your connecting with... people here
have experience with what ISPs allow this sort of thing.  I know many ISPs
do not allow servers to be run over their residential DSL lines.  The only
exception I am personally certain of is DCA.net.

--
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all its contents."