Jon Galt on Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:30:14 +0100

[PLUG] serving webpages from home

Hi everybody, I'm trying to set up a web server at home.  The domain name
is mulliganvalley.org, which is correctly pointing to my static ip,
69.149.100.73.  I have a Linksys BEFSR41 (a 4 port DSL router), which is
forwarding port 80 to my Linux box.  My linux box is running Apache
(apache-1.3.20-11tr), which successfully serves pages within my LAN, but I
cannot access the website from outside my LAN.  Nor can I ping my domain
or my IP from outside the LAN.

I have tried turning off the "Block WAN Request" option on the router.  I
have even tried setting my webserver as a DMZ host.  Although I didn't
reboot the router for that.  I shouldn't have to, should I?

Any suggestions, or relevant data that I have left out?

Wayne