Jing Teng on Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:41:10 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Final Answer to IBM Thin Client and Red Hat Linux Networking problem

You are welcome!
The firmware is up to date. In NetVista config, the options for
"Ethernet Standard" are "IEEE803.2" and "Version 2". I don't know if
"Version 2" is an IBM thing or ....I guess that it is an IBM
implementation of IEEE803.2, because when you config IBM AS400, you have
option to choose what ethernet standard to support, "IEEE803.2",
"Version 2" or both.  I asked the IBM support about this, she has not
got back to me yet. I'll keep you posted.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 3:24 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Final Answer to IBM Thin Client and Red Hat Linux
Networking problem

Thanks for sharing the final answer.  I'm also happy that Linux has been
shown to be more intelligent than Win2k, or at least more sensitive,
when it comes to pinging the NetVista.

BTW, where is the Ethernet Standard setting changed from .3 to .2?  Can
the software or firmware be updated to correct the problem without
changing standards?