Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:11:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] openssh on rh 6.2

> > Anybody compile the newest version of openssh 3.2p for rh 6.2. I'm stuck
> > on old rh, and this is not working.
>
> Kind of hard to help without a specific error.

True. It was a dlopen problem.

I am writing to tell everyone how great apt-rpm is. You can find out more
about it here:

http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org

This has the newest ver of openssh. I don't know how they compiled it, but
I don't have to worry anymore.

If you use a rh machine that has been upgraded using an old cdrom, do a

rpm -qa | more

This will show you that rpm is really mixed up during upgrades as it
doubles up on rpms. You need to remove all the old vers. I wrote a script
that does just that. I'll send it to anyone who is interested. It messed
up my machine by uninstaling the wrong rpms at times, but I finally
reinstalled everything, and now it's all better than ever. Probably the
best way to keep an old rh machine up to date w/o upgrading from cd. Also
works for 7.2, of course.

Fred