leroy on Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:28:11 -0500

Re: [PLUG] WAYYYY Off Topic.... [Speeding Ticket]

unfortunately not true:

http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/points.html

i've a friend or two that tried this to no avail.

one of my roommates (engineer at lockheed) got a ticket and managed to
convince the judge that the angle at which the cop clocked him was a well
known weakness in radar detection.  the cosine-theta error, i think he
called it.  he showed up with charts and graphs to explain everything.
the cop really didn't have a case at that point.

stephen

-- my name is not leroy