Steve on Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:31:59 -0500

RE: [PLUG] XDSL

I have iDSL trough Speakeasy, but the end line is still naturally
Verizon.  Speakeasy coordinated it all for me.  Try going through them
to get your DSL, they may have the people at Verizon lined up.

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Doug Crompton
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 1:48 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] XDSL

I desparately want to get some form of DSL but it does not look good. I
am
20100 feet from the CO and the Verizon limit is 18K period it seems.
Even
though IDSL will go as far as 30K feet at 128K. In purusing the web
there
is talk about this and other areas seem to not have that rule. Anyone
have any info on this locally? Who can you bribe at Verizon? These guys
really seem to be out to lunch on rolling this stuff out! Where is all
the
money going!

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *