Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:00:11 +0100

[PLUG] volunteer opportunity

An easy volunteer opportunity for someone interested:

The Bicycle Coalition, a small, member-supported bike advocacy
organization in Center City, has (currently) two linux boxes in their
office and is having problems. I used to help them out, and I still do
as I can, but I'm temporarily living out of the area, so I can only do
what I can with ssh.

At the moment, they seem to have a dead (pingable but not doing much
else) machine. They'll get by, and I'll talk them through stuff on the
phone, but they could really use someone local who'd like to help out
a bit. I'll be available for history/tech help, but, as I said, they
really need someone local when things like this come up.

If you're interested, drop me a line. The contact at bcdv is currently
john@bikemap.com, feel free to contact him directly if you want.

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>