Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:00:18 +0100

Re: [PLUG] say no to reiser

> I ran reiserfs on 2.4.17 with zero problems. Now I'm using 2.4.18. Was
> this on an intel box?

Yes.

> Was it compiled as a module?

No. It was in the kernel.

> Was there a matching
> System.map? Just wondering.

No.

> Journaled file systems are still susceptible to data loss. You just
> don't need to sit and wait as long :)

This was data loss from just copying data on there.

> I'm using ReiserFS and ext3. If you already have an ext2 box, switch to
> ext3. You don't need to format anything, its really simple.

I had troubles w/ ext3 when I tried the recipe to convert over. If I
started from scratch, ext3 works great. I think that this is the easiest
b/c it has rh company support, it's in the kernel source (unlike xfs, but
like reiser), and it has backwards compatability w/ older kernels.

Fred