Michael Leone on Sun, 17 Mar 2002 04:30:09 +0100

[PLUG] DVD - I have video, but no audio ...

I just picked up a IDE DVD drive today. I've hooked it up correctly - in
Win2K, I can watch it and listen to the audio.

However, in Linux, ogle (v0.8.2) shows me video .. but no audio. If I
play an audio CD in the same drive, I hear the songs, so I know the
drive is connected to the sound board correctly, and that the sound
board is working.

Any clues? I tried using xine (0.9.6) to play the DVD, but it complains
that it's encrypted, and doesn't do anything. :-( The encryption
shouldn't affect *audio*, should it? If it's encrypted, I should see
scrambled video (and I don't - the video is fine).

Any other players I can try? Any clues as to the missing audio?

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

The secret of flying is simple: Throw yourself at the ground and miss.