Doug Crompton on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:45:05 -0500

[PLUG] SuSe yast2 lost files...

Do 'real' linux sysops use things like yast??!! I got screwed tonight. I
was doing a network config and decided to abort. The yast window in KDE
locked. Stupidly I decided to reboot. The shutdown hung. I had to hit the
big switch. Upon reboot I had some trashed files. I was able to recreate
them I think except I am not sure about rc.config.  I think some things
may have gotten zapped in there. Is this created at install time relative
to what you install or is it a stock file? If it is stock then can someone
send me a copy - SuSe 7.3 - /etc/rc.conf.

I usually put in a crontab entry to  'sync' every few minutes but I did
not have it in there. Is this a good thing to do?

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *