bpmohr.com on Mon, 18 Mar 2002 05:00:14 +0100

[PLUG] Open Source Solutions

All,

  I am a consultant for CoreTech Consulting Group, I specialize in Infrastructure Solutions (Internetworking, Messaging, Servers...).  I am currently doing research on companies in the Philadelphia Area that are utilizing Open Source software and platforms for real-world solutions.  I am trying to build a need for my company to offer these types of solutions.  This is not a sales thing from my perspective.  We currently and have in the past used some Open Source solutions in our customers, I am trying to make this more focused.  I am trying to show my organization that we should supply these solutions.  We have the experience in this arena.  I know I could just pull the press releases from companies like AOL and Amazon, but I looking for the raw truth for the Deleware Valley.  This is what I need to collect:

Name of Organization (Optional):
What type of Organization:
Number of Users:
Open Source solution:
Why the solution was chosen:
Was it successful:
Would you implement other Open Source solutions:

I know I sound like a telemarketer, but I am not, and this is not spam.  I am a member of the Bucks County Linux User Group.  I want to see Open Source solutions grow and I need your help.  I will share this research with anyone who requests it.  Thank you very much in advance.

Brian P. Mohr, MCSE+I, MCT, CNE, CCDA, LCP
Principal Consultant
CoreTech Consulting Group, Inc.