Doug Crompton on Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:30:39 -0500

Re: [PLUG] xDSL

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Fred K Ollinger wrote:

> > Where available though, sharing with neighbors via wireless is an
> > interesting concept. Some of the wireless stuff will go miles with  proper
> > antennas albeit not legally but it is pretty hard to find spread spectrum
> > stuff!
>
> I heard that this will become more and more the norm. I'm sure that
> eventually someone will be able to set up wireless this way. Hey, that
> sounds like a good busniness idea. A great one actually. How many people
> do you think need this in your area. :)
>
> Fred

Well actually one just went bankrupt late last summer. Have you seen the
boxes and antennas hanging on utitity poles in the Philly area? That was
to be wireless internet. It never made it. I am not sure who owns the
stuff - maybe the bank. It used bluetooth technology I believe.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *