pinkee on Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:09:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Verizon DSL

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 04:51:11PM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> I checked the latest .deb and it seemed like they were only adding new
> compatability for new modems last time so I didn't upgrade it. If there
> was an exploit listed, I would have upgraded.

I guess what I am trying to make clear is roaring penguin updates more
often thaan debian does. Cjeck roaring penguins site too. Tehey are very
frank about the exploits, and you should no problems applying the patch
to what debian isn't calling roaring penguin.

> Yes, it was hellish for me, but then again, I'm not such a lucky guy.
> Remember the reiser thread? Everyone had good luck but me. :)

I am curious to know where you hit issues. If it was Verizon's (lack of)
direction adn such, I can understand, but if it was the interface, maybe
you are making things harder than they ought to be? Just a thought.

> Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll reconsider upgrads.
Hadn't followed it, Sorry. Everyone hits a soft/hard ware issue that
just pushes them to the edge. It took me and a friend a few *months* to
set up a scsi scanner. I was ready to draw pictures of my kids in gimp
:)

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org