gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:29:16 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ssh vs. ssh2

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 05:35:57PM -0500, Naresh Reddy wrote:
> > The best way to get ssh2, is to download it. You can get it at
> > http://www.openssh.org/.

No, you can't. You can get OpenSSH 3 from there. You can get ssh2
from ssh.com.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:46:06PM -0500, pinkee@cavegirl.org wrote:
> I disagree witht his one. RH isn't eaxactly known for putting out very
> stable releases. If I was running rh, I would wait a good period of time
> before upgrading to 7.2. ALl the exploits haven't been found yet.

Considering there are security problems if a RH 6.2 box ever touches
a network, I'd upgrade to *something*.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with RH 7.2 (RH's policy
here, not a decision I want to fight). You have to smack its silly
anaconda X install widget around a bit, but it's gotten some old
Penguin (ha, ha... ::sigh::) machines pulled up to a decent kernel
and userland with far less pain than, say, the Solaris 8 machines
I'm pulling up. (Though I guess most of the Solaris pain is really
Veritas pain...)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net