Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:13:38 -0500

[PLUG] Linux Bootable CD (sticklers only)

> On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 12:33, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> > > But if you deleted or recopied a file on a CDR - the old file would
> >
> > I would be interested on how one coule possibly: "deleted or recopied a
> > file on a CDR". As far as I know, only by using a knife can one delete
> > things on cdrs. Maybe I misunderstand again.
> >

> cd-rw ufs filesystems. They rock. I really wish linux could do it
  ^^^^^^^^^
> properly.

Right, but above it says cdr. I cut n pasted the exact works b/c I was
thinking of something else.

If it was a cdrw, then that would be interesting to see how dd would work.
I'm guess that it would pass over the erased space, but I have been wrong
before--or dd would fail b/c it hasn't been fixated (closed in mac world,
I think). Maybe dd will copy the whole cd.

I don't have ufs, can someone do this, and post the results. Some of us
are on the edges of our seats. Yes, slow Sunday. :)

Fred