pinkee on Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:00:20 +0100

[PLUG] odd behaviour on my workstation

I am running 2.2.19 woody on a p133 workstation. It has gone from 48
megs of ram to 61 recently due to me being in the right place at the
right time. (odd I know) :) Everything was fine, until Darxus managed to
crash it. :) It has begun kernal panicking frequenly, and it is getting
annoying. I ran memtest v. 2.93.1 which it passed once but panicked on
the second round. Could this be the odd amount of ram or just likely bad
ram? Or is it all darxus' fault? :) The data in memtest.log shows the
kernal panicked at step 14 of 16 but all others were good. Is there a
better tool. These are 72 pin simms. Also am I barking up the wrong
tree? I have also begun getting goofy characters or space where there
should be letters. Itr doesn't *appear* to be affecting anything, but a
silly smiley face thingy where an ascii character is supposed to be gives
me that chucky feeling. :) Randomly on a b&w interface a character will
pop up in color. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

pinkee
--
www.cavegirl.org
www.mydarlingchild.com