gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:35:27 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI for GPG

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:29:22AM -0800, Adam Schaible wrote:
> I have a (newbie) question about GPG. I've been in the
> PLUG keyring for several months; however, when I first
> joined it I was "in-between distros" so I actually am
> running GPG off my Win partition. I'd like to start
> using GPG on Linux so I can use GUI's like the GPA,
> instead of the DOS shell on Win... Any advice on
> porting my keys over to Linux? Do I just need to
> transfer my certificates, keylists, etc. over to the
> proper directory and then use the Linux executables?

No, it's pretty likely that that won't work.

Tell your Windows app to export the whole of your keyring. Maybe
even force it to ASCII armor the export. Them import the keyring
with gpg --import.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net