turgon on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:32:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI for GPG

gabriel rosenkoetter said:

> No, it's pretty likely that that won't work.

It should. If he's actually using the Win32 version of GPG.

I copied my pubring/secring from my Linux box, and put it on my Windows box
(in the proper directory). I am using GPG, with the Outlook plugin. And it
found out, and used it right off. I can sign and encrypt, using GPG on
Win32, with the same keys that I use on my Linux box.

Certificates may be a different matter.

When you install GPG on Linux, you get a hidden directory called .gnupg.
Copy the pubring/secring from your Windows install into this directory, and
it should become available.

> Tell your Windows app to export the whole of your keyring. Maybe
> even force it to ASCII armor the export. Them import the keyring
> with gpg --import.

That should also work, but might not be necessary.