gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:59:45 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI for GPG

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 12:31:14PM -0500, turgon@mike-leone.com wrote:
> It should. If he's actually using the Win32 version of GPG.

I think he said he was using the Win32 version of the commercial
PGP, but I've deleted the original email.

> I copied my pubring/secring from my Linux box, and put it on my Windows box
> (in the proper directory). I am using GPG, with the Outlook plugin. And it
> found out, and used it right off. I can sign and encrypt, using GPG on
> Win32, with the same keys that I use on my Linux box.

You didn't have to convert the line breaks? I'm shocked.

> > Tell your Windows app to export the whole of your keyring. Maybe
> > even force it to ASCII armor the export. Them import the keyring
> > with gpg --import.
> That should also work, but might not be necessary.

It is, on the other hand, *guaranteed* to work.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net