Time on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:20:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] HelpDesk Software

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 10:48:27AM -0500, Chris Mann wrote:
> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:48:27 -0500
> From: "Chris Mann" <CMann@lmres.com>
> To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
> Subject: [PLUG] HelpDesk Software
>
> Our department has gotten to the point of being in need for some help
> desk software. Some of the things we're looking for are:
>
> Ticket Tracking
> Knowledgebase
> Email Ticket Submission
> Web Submission
> Invetory
>
> We've looked at Magic, but gads, $40k is a bit much for our budget to
> handle. Anyone have any other suggestions?

http://www.aspre.net/software/spx/index.php

This is in no way GNU licensed software, and I'm not absolutely positive
of the reasons I'm even mentioning it except for the following:

1) Members of PLUG (and close friends) have been developing it
2) The company needs more business to stay in the market
3) ...something about the road to hell is paved with good intentions

Regards,

Time

   13

   \