gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:34:38 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI for GPG

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:20:12PM -0500, Jesse Schultz wrote:
> I think you also need, on your own keypairs:
>
> gpg --import --allow-secret-key
>
> Other wise you won't get your private keys

Probably true.

The only time I've moved a keychain was between two NetBSD machines
both using GnuPG 1.0.6, and I just tried the tar-it-up-and-scp-it
approach. It worked there--across endianities, I might add--but I
wasn't so sure there wouldn't be OS-depenedent issues (like <CR>
v. <LF> v. <CR><LF>).

Mike Leone and I (more him than me, really) have since conducted a
test, and modulo the usual Outlook-can't-actually-send-as-plain-text
stupidity, just copying his key files from a Linux machine to a
Windows machine worked. So the reverse probably does too.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net