thanous on Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:07:13 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DHCP and eth1

>I actually just had this problem today - the key is to make sure that dhcpd

>starts with eth0 after it. problem is, if you are using redhat and have the

>init script /etc/rc.d/init.d/dhcpd start - it won't allow you to add the eth0

>arg. what i did was to just alter the actual init script so that when dhcpd

>is started, it always sends eth0 too. crude but effective. also - if you are

>using SuSE, there is an option in the config editor to assign dhcp to
>devices. this is much more elegant than my way.
eh

I finally got it to work with no errors, it even had a PID, but I wasnt able
to resolve an internet connection.  So I tried deleting the optional DNS name
servers and the optional domain, but nothing was doing.  This was on my client
machine, the DHCP server still had a internet connection.

I also have a firewall program running, should I shut that down first?