christophe barbé on Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:29:14 -0500

Re: [PLUG] linux movie

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:41:34PM -0500, John Lavin wrote:
> Hmm..  I pulled the gpg keyring off of the plug site, did a gpg
> --install, verified that I got everyone's public keys, generated a key
> for myself, and then configured mutt to pull down from my pop acct fully
> expecting to see that everyone signing their e-mail on the list would be
> verified.  Instead, mutt gives me:
>
> PGP signature could NOT be verified.
>
> Am I making a bad assumption?  One note on my muttrc:  I have taken all
> defaults in the pgp area (all entries commented).
>
> Back to the mutt site for me since I haven't gotten outgoing mail configured
> right on mutt and am still sending this with kmail...

I forgot about then sending part:
The best way to do it is to configure a MTA on your system (My favorite
is exim because I understand the config file unlike sendmail). You will
certainly have to define a smart_host (your provider smtp server) and
that's all.

Christophe