gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:47:41 +0200

Re: [PLUG] ssh woes

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:11:43PM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> I need to use an ancient fsecure SSH Version 2.0.12 (ssh.com)
> version of ssh2 to log in to a
> new version of openssh3.1p.

Why?

> Question: Does anyone have any troubles doing so? I need to know if
> anyone has dealt w/ the specific versions. Is there a workaround or is
> this hopeless.

We've got some SSH 2.0.13s floating around here. They insist on
using SSH-1 for scp (and breaking if scp1 isn't installed), but
other than that, they work all right.

> No, I can not upgrade fsecure. No, I can not downgrade ssh 3.1. This is my
> situation. I don't like it, but this is the way it is for me.

I don't understand why you can't do away with the FSecure... or at
least get their current version. If that's a management decision,
you are WELL within your rights to point out its absurdity.
(Politely, of course.)

It's hard to help more without knowing the error messages you're
actually seeing...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net