Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:47:41 +0200

Re: [PLUG] ssh woes

> > I need to use an ancient fsecure SSH Version 2.0.12 (ssh.com)
> > version of ssh2 to log in to a
> > new version of openssh3.1p.
>
> Why?

I don't want to get into that. It's not up to me or I would have just used
openssh on both sides.

> I don't understand why you can't do away with the FSecure... or at
> least get their current version. If that's a management decision,
> you are WELL within your rights to point out its absurdity.
> (Politely, of course.)

I have, but I don't want to get into that.

> It's hard to help more without knowing the error messages you're
> actually seeing...

Sorry about this.

I can use openssh3.1 to login to fsecure's ver, however, w/ the converse,
I get:

ssh -v hostname

Development-time debugging not compiled in.
To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
debug: hostname is 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'.
Development-time debugging not compiled in.
To enable, configure with --enable-debug and recompile.
debug: connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
debug: entering event loop
debug: ssh_client_wrap: creating transport protocol
debug: ssh_client_wrap: creating userauth protocol
debug: Remote version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.1p1
debug: Host key found from the database.
authorized uses only. uses may be monitored.

debug: client_disconnect: Too many authentication failures for follinge

Disconnected; protocol error (Too many authentication failures for
follinge).
debug: uninitializing event loop

Fred