eric@lucii.org on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:00:16 +0200

[PLUG] Announcement in Computer User magazine

Last night at the meeting, someone suggested that PLUG should be
listed in Computer User.  Computer User, for those that don't
know, is a small (roughly 30 page) free monthly newspaper that is
distributed in our area.

I volunteered to take on that task.  I spoke with Tim Knecht at
Computer User's office in Newark Delaware.  Tim told me that the
April issue is published already and the deadline for the May
issue is.... today... but he _could_ push it to the 8th if
necessary.

I have posted the relevant section from the April issue at:
http://www.lucii.org/eric/CU_April.jpg  (Okay, the image is huge
but the print is small).

FYI: Linux is listed right under "Lawyers" for the legal phobic
amongst us :-D

Given the democratic nature of PLUG, I thought I'd gather some
opinions before writing up a notice.

Given the time limited nature of the deadline, and the relatively
simple nature of the notice, I'll fax the following over to Tim
at Computer User at 2:30 today unless anybody has any extreme
objections or corrections.
We can refine the posting for June's issue if we need to.

Proposed listing:
Philadelphia Linux User's Group (PLUG)
Meets the first Wednesday of every month and the third Thursday of
even numbered months.  The Wednesday meetings are held at the
University of the Sciences in University City, Philadelphia.
The Thursday meetings are held at Netaxs in Conshochocken.

Novice, experienced, and the curious are welcome. There is no charge.

Each meeting consists of a one hour question and answer session
followed by a presentation.

For more information including directions see the PLUG web site:
http://www.phillylinux.org - or send an email to plug@phillylinux.org

On the fax to Tim I've listed myself as the contact person (for now).

What should be the email for inquiries?  Should we add a phone number?
Anybody willing to field those calls?  I'll do it (from the office!)
if nobody else wants too.

Eric

--
#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth