Time on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:10:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Zaurus Linux PDA now at Staples

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:06:20PM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:06:20 -0500
> From: "W. Chris Shank" <chris.shank@acetechgroup.com>
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: [PLUG] Zaurus Linux PDA now at Staples
>
> FYI: I was at Staples today and saw the 5500 on display for $499. They must
> have just put it out since nobody stole the stylus yet.

A co-worker of mine just purchased one the other day, the model with the
hidden keyboard and godlike graphics.  Here is the review he sent me
before he bought it:

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/04/1453232.shtml?tid=126

...which leads to this (IMO) pathetic, brainwashed by M$ review by Mossberg:

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/interactive.wsj.com/bottom.htm;famil=group_bottom;sz=468x60;ord=632446

...and then this one recently:

... he said it sync'd up fine with his system at home using win98 SE. He
really wants to get wireless networking for it so he can browse with
the custome built Opera minibrowser. 8D

Personally, I think Mossberg assumed that if it didn't work with XP it wouldn't
work with anything.  8(

Regards,

Time

   13