christophe barbé on Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:20:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] key-signing Thursday?

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 08:28:17PM -0400, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> Guys:
>
> I'd like to participate.  Especially if it speeds up the process of reading the
> plug list's signed emails.  Currently Gabriel's and several others take about 10
> seconds _per_email_ to process.  That is a pain on big volume days :-D

I don't see why it would speed up the process of reading your mail?
I understand that upoading the keiring keys file would speed up if each
time you try to read a signed mail, gpg tries and fails to download the
key from a keyserver. But most of the public keys are available so it
should not take long. And if it takes a few sec for a new key, the key
is stored for further use.

Christophe

> Eric
>
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 07:40:38PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 19:12, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> > > So, Bill Jonas and I will be signing each others keys whether you
> > > all like it or not,
> >
> > So there! :-)
> >
> > >but will there be an official PLUG key-signing this week?
> >
> > I'm up for one, if so.
> >
> > > (Are there people new to the key ring who're going to show up then?)
> >
> > --
> >
> > PGP Fingerprint: 0AA8 DC47 CB63 AE3F C739 6BF9 9AB4 1EF6 5AA5 BCDF
> > PGP public key:
> > <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>
> >
> > Conform or be cast out.
> >

> --
> #   Eric Allan Lucas
> # "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
> #  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
> #              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.

Dogs come when they're called;
cats take a message and get back to you later. --Mary Bly