billywissman on Sun, 14 Apr 2002 13:31:32 -0400

RE: Re: [PLUG] Creative SBLive! Value sound card

Still no sound? Thanks for the tip on adding my username to group audio. I added my username to the audio group. Logged off/on. I verified I was now part of group audio using id, double checked in /etc/group. Verified system detected sound hardware and drivers using dmesg, and verified drivers were loaded using /sbin/lsmod. Tested again, but still no sound.

I've also tried to stream audio using Realplayer8, but no success. The stream runs, but no audio output. I can stream video using Realplayer8, but with no sound.

Any more things I could check or configure? Thanks.