Chris Heerschap on Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:43:40 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Creative SBLive! Value sound card

billywissman@netscape.net wrote:
> Any more things I could check or configure? Thanks.

I don't know if you've checked this or not, but the SB Live card can
handle digital speakers.  Depending on what type of speakers you have
connected to your computer, you won't get any output if it's expecting
the other type.

I know in the Windows driver for the SB Live, there is an option for
digital-only output.  I have to use that to get sound out of my Boston
speakers.  However, if I had normal powered analog speakers, I'd have to
click that option off in order to get any sound.

It's something to check into.  I can't speak for how that's done in
Linux, but when I run linux on this box, I've never had any problem
getting my SBLive to work, and that's covered RedHat, SuSE, and Mandrake
so far.  My sound card detection/function has been more reliable than
both the modem and printer.

Hope this helps.

cmh
--